Saturday, January 30, 2010

Beginning...

I’ve never been very athletic and I’ve always envied *those people* you see running on the sidewalk. I woke up one day in 2001 and finally decided it was my turn to be *one of those people*. This was one of the most liberating and life changing events of my life. I could barely run 1/4 of a mile when I first started running but built up my endurance over time and have run many races including a half marathon. While training for a marathon a developed a stress fracture. Following my recovery, I got pregnant and after having my daughter, I got out of the swing of things. Now....after a 4 year hiatus, I’m jumping back into the saddle and committing myself to the sport I love. I just hope that life doesn’t get in the way. We’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment