Sunday, March 21, 2010

Finally on the mend...

It's been 2 weeks since I first came down with this nasty bug. I'm still hacking and coughing, but mainly in the morning. So today I decided I would try and do a little run. Because I didn't want to get stuck on the side of the road if I began to lose a lung or something, I did a quick run on the treadmill. I was able to get a little over 2 miles in. Woo Hoo. It felt so good so run. I forgot how much I love it and NEED it. I did start hacking after about .5 miles, but it quickly subsided and I was able to get into a rhythm although I could really feel the yuckiness that is in my chest.

Today was a beautiful day in Colorado. After getting about 6-8 inches of snow on Friday and it being cold yesterday. Today was pure joy. High of about 64 and little to no wind. We grabbed some turkey wraps at Costco and a bag of chips and decided a picnic at Garden of the Gods was the answer. It was just beautiful. Afterward we hit Starbucks and got a little treat (for Maddie) and some coffee for us. I could totally get used to days like this.

1 comment:

  1. I love your quote at the top of your blog. So true.

    ReplyDelete