Sunday, March 7, 2010

When you don't expect it...

I was actually pretty piss poor this weekend and really had no intention on doing anything spectacular workout wise. So yesterday I did nothing and today thought I'd thought I'd try and get a run in, maybe 3-4 miles, but wasn't really committing to it mentally. So after a great day and Maddie in a great mood, I decided I would jump on the treadmill for a short run. It felt good and seemed effortless. So I cranked up the speed a bit and ended up getting in 5 miles. I haven't run that far on a treadmill in quite some time. But I feel so much more energized and refreshed.

Shortly before I got done with the run, Maddie had made her way downstairs so I told her I was almost done and asked her if she wanted to do some weights with me. So I gave her a couple of 2lb. weights and she and I did some bicep curls and tricep exercises. Seeing a 4 year old do weight exercises is too darn cute! She was so proud of herself. I wish I had taken some pics of her. Maybe next time...

Time to watch the Oscars!

No comments:

Post a Comment